Hi! We’re Jennifer and Kitty, The O’Neil Sisters. Thanks for coming to our YouTube channel! We also have a blog: www.RunningWithSisters.com. It is loaded with DIY crafts, jewelry tutorials, and all kinds of gift crafts to make. Click SHOW MORE to see details about this project.
The complete written instructions for this Long Crystal Necklace are on our blog:
Let’s stay in touch!
How To Make A Long Crystal Necklace
by Jennifer and Kitty O’Neil
The O’Neil Sisters
Running With Sisters
We love the look of this smoked crystal with the gun metal chain and toggle. And this long necklace is very easy to make. And the techniques you will learn in making this Long Crystal Necklace can be used over and over in making all kinds of jewelry. We’ll show you how to open a jump ring, how to attach a clasp to a chain, how to make a wrapped loop in wire, and how to turn a bead into a pendant.
How To Make A Long Crystal Necklace
Rectangular faceted crystal bead, 12mmx17mm, Smoked Crystal
36” Chain, gun metal
Toggle clasp, gun metal, 12mm
1 Headpin, gun metal
1 Daisy spacer, gun metal, 5mm
1 Beadcap, gun metal, 4mmx6mm
1 Pearl, blue, 5mm
24-gauge wire, silver
1. Slide daisy spacer and crystal and bead cap onto head pin.
2. Make a wrapped loop in the top of the headpin. To do this, grasp the headpin wire with the round-nose pliers and make a 90-degree bend in the wire.
Reposition the round-nose pliers to the top of the bend and push the tail of the wire up and over the pliers to make a partial loop. Place the bottom jaw of the pliers into the loop and finish pushing the wire all the way around to make a complete loop. Grasp the loop across and pull the tail around two times to make two wraps. Trim the end of the wire.
3. Next, make a component with the pearl. To do this, cut a piece of wire 4″ long. Grasp the wire about 1/3 of the way down with the round-nose pliers and make a 90-degree end, as you did with the headpin wire in step 2. Reposition the round-nose pliers to the top of the bend and push the tail of the wire up and over the pliers to make a partial loop. Reposition the round-nose pliers to the top of the bend and push the tail of the wire over the pliers to make a partial loop. Place the bottom jaw into the loop and finish pushing the wire around to make a complete loop. Slide the crystal bead pendant you made into the loop. Then grasp across the loop with the pliers and pull the tail around two times. Trim the end of the wire.
4. Feed a pearl onto the wire.
5. Make a wrapped loop just like you did in step 3, but feed the toggle part of the clasp into the loop before you wrap the tail around two times. Trim the end.
6. Attach the toggle clasp to the chain using jump rings. To open the jump ring, grasp it across with pliers on the right side and left side of the opening in the metal. Push one set of pliers up and the other down. Slide the toggle clasp into the jump ring, then the last link of the chain. Press the jump ring closed.
6. Attach the other part of the clasp to the other end of the chain using a jump ring and the two pliers method.
This necklace can be made short or long. Just adjust the length of the chain. Do you like to make jewelry? Tell us what you like to make. We’d love to hear from you!
Jennifer & Kitty
We have all kinds of jewelry making videos and lessons. If you enjoy this one, you might also like these jewelry making lessons:
Turn A Bead Into A Pendant
How To Make A Pandora Ribbon Choker
How To Make Jewelry: How To Make Crystal Wrapped Earrings
How To Make Jewelry: How To Make A Beaded Lariat Necklace
To see more of our jewelry making videos and get our printable how-tos for each one, go over to Curious.com and try a subscription. Here’s a 20% off coupon in this link.
how to make jewelry,diy jewelry,handmade jewelry,O’Neil Sisters,Jennifer and Kitty,RunningWithSisters,jewelry,howtomakejewelrytv1,Beadwork (Hobby),jewelry making,jewelry tutorial,making jewelry,beginner jewelry,Jewellery,Do It Yourself,Bead,easy necklace,toggle necklace,pendant necklace,diy,handmade,make jewelry,beads,wirework,pendant,Boho necklace,long necklace